Saturday, October 16, 2010

DON’T HOARD YOUR WIFE FROM GOD

You know one of the errors we are liable to make is to pay more attention to what the Lord gives us at the expense of God. You must never forget the fact that there is nothing you have that was not given to you by God. There is just nothing. Your wife is a gift given you by God and you must always respect the place of God in her life.

At one time or the other, the Lord will place some demands on her and you must make sure you are not standing in God’s way in her life. We are not antagonising the fact that she is yours but remember that God is the ultimate owner. He is the one that has the power to kill and to make alive. When the demands of God come upon your wife, see to it that you help her meet those demands. Be ready to let go of your personal gains when God wants to have need of her. One thing you need to know is that, God placing a need on your wife is a great thing to you because God will not live you worse than He took you; He’ll make you better than when He picked you. Remember David and the disciples?

You know when we just started out in ministry, then as a missionary organisation, my wife went to a particular community and was lodge in one apartment like that. You know the devil can be funny at times! The woman that hosted her had a brother and each night, she would hand over the key to the room mummy was lodge to the brother and say, “Go and do whatever you want to do with her”. This went on severally but something would not just make the man lay his hand or even move near mummy. He just could not touch mummy. See, when you are committed to God, God will be more committed to you.

So after some times, the man got born again and was telling this story to us. When he was done with the story, the people that were with us then said I should not allow mummy go there again in order to avoid this kind of thing happening. Now I was in a fix. I love her so much that I would not want anything happen to her but at the same time, she’s got to do the will of God. It was a painful moment for me. My flesh would not want her to go but deep in my spirit, I knew she should go. (If you were in my shoes, would you let her go?) I remembered the covenant we made to God that we would not stand in each other’s way in serving God. We covenanted that we were not going to love God more each other.

So, the decision was yet to be made and everyone was waiting for my response. It was a critical time in my life and I will never forget it. And you know what I said? I said, “If God cannot protect you then I cannot protect you. Go!!!” I made the decision once and for all and she went. Look at my wife today; is God really not faithful to her and much more to me. If I did not allow her to go, something more serious and dangerous could still have happened to her, you know. When God places a need on your wife, you are going to be the first person to benefit from it, either directly or indirectly.

So beloved, do not stand in the way of God in the life of your wife. Allow her serve God and don’t hinder her. Allow her embrace the call on her; don’t stop her from giving to God. Don’t hinder her from praying because of your personal gains, particularly when she needs to. There is just nothing too much that man can give to God. One thing I want you to know is that if you hoard your wife from serving the Lord, then you have to be ready to help her when crisis comes because God will also be looking at the two of you without stretching a hand f help. Allowing my wife to enter a “dangerous zone” was something too much for me to bear naturally speaking, but I just had to allow her. I left her in the hands of God and God protected her. God gave her the protection I never could have given her.

Now look into your life and recognise the area(s) you have been hoarding your wife from serving the Lord; repent. Have you placed so much demand on her being social when God actually is intending to use her? Have you withstood her from walking the road God wants her to walk? You complain that she comes to church too much, that she gives to God too much and all that. Repent so as to enjoy God’s partnership in your home.

It is well with you as you do this in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment